Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Marriage, the start of a new beginning?

"A successful marriage depends on two things: finding the right person and being the right person"... To me, a marriage is a lifelong commitment between two ppl who promise to do everything possible just to make the other happy. If soulmates do exist, it probably means this. :)



On the 21st of March, a rainbow appeared to signify the union between Chris and Sye Ling. Trixie was taking photos of the lovely pink sky on our way to the hotel when she accidently caught a rainbow!





Playing as we got ready to leave the house.



We were waiting for Brian who was trying to get his hair to stand. :P



Finally a photo of him with Trixie and Alisa.



With me!!!!
He is a very sweet, indulgent and attentive guy. And most importantly, he is SINGLE! Any takers? 0.0



GROUP PIC!! ^^



Our table set-up at Intercontinental Hotel. Nice baby blue and white theme.. :)



The individual setting.. With a gift and pretty rolled napkins in ribbons.



I graduated!



Look like Tiffany and Co. hor? *wishful thinking*



Thought it was gonna be chocolates or fruit cake. Didn't expect cute magnets! :D



Pretty 5-tier cake. Did you know all this wedding dinner cakes are fake?! They hv a little slit at the back to slot the knife in.... Just for symbolic sake. :P



Nice lighting!



Mama and small aunt.



At the VIP table with my grandma and the uncle who asked abt "the 3 ladies at table 1". Hahaha! I am jealous coz they hv prettier plates. Hmpf!!



Waiting for the food took alot of patience. Luckily, there was the camera!




Say cheeeeeeese!!! :)



First appearance of the bride in a v v v long fluffy dress and alot of smoky dry ice!



So sweet can?! *Awwwww*

Then the couple read out love letters to each other as the photo montage played in the background and the waitresses walked down the aisle with FOOD!



The appetizer platter. Cold dish la!



Sharksfin soup which I abhorred. No sharksfin at my wedding, I swear!



Drunken prawns, I likeeee!

Then came an interval where the couple's friends screened the video of sabos the groom and his friends had to endure in the morning before he cld pick up his bride. Heehee!



We also took a toilet break.



Explored the hotel a little too! Haha!



When I returned, the 4th dish had already been served and cleared... All tts left was my portion on my plate. Luckily someone kept an abalone for me! :P



Steamed fish...



Roasted chicked... No beak le. Poor thing. :(



Seafood e-fu noodles!



Dessert of mango sago. Sweet!!



Second appearance of the important couple, this time, the bride donned a red cheongsum to pop the champagne.



There were 3 rounds of yam-seng.



Cheers to a new life!

Andre Maurois once aptly said, "A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short."

I hope someday, I will meet a guy who can't get enough of me. A guy who will talk to me till I fall asleep and still be happy bcoz he can hear the sound of my breathing. He need not have alot or look good... Just loving me this way, will make me v satisfied. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home